Job Opportunity: Research Scientist
NOTE: We are no longer searching for applicants for this position. If you are interested in seeing open positions available at REGENESIS, please visit our careers page. Thank you!
Job Title: Research Scientist
Job Description: REGENESIS, a global leader in the groundwater and soil remediation industry, is currently seeking a full-time Research Scientist to work at their corporate headquarters in San Clemente, CA. As a part of the research and development team, this person will be instrumental in the advancement of new technologies and products for Regenesis. A primary focus of technology development is chemical and biochemical products for restoration of contaminated groundwater and soil. In addition, the Research Scientist will aid in the identification, evaluation, and/or development of technologies and products that expand the company’s business into other growing markets beyond groundwater remediation. This position reports to the Director of R&D.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform laboratory research for development of new environmental technologies and chemical products.
- Conceive, develop, and document experimental strategies required for new products and technologies that drive significant revenue growth for the company and see them through from concept to commercialization.
- Contribute to development of long-range plans for R&D.
- Document research progress in detailed reports and present results to management.
- Maintain expertise through review of literature and other sources.
- Present company technologies and results at scientific conferences.
- Assist in development of technical marketing information.
- Provide technical support for key customers and projects.
- A Ph.D. in Chemistry, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field, with at least 2 years of experience.
- Technical understanding and experience in environmental chemistry and remediation of contaminated soils and/or waters.
- Knowledge and experience in synthetic and formulation chemistry for organic, inorganic, and polymer-based materials.
- An ability to effectively balance multiple concurrent priorities.
- Must have strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Proven track record of scientific innovation in academic and/or industrial setting.
- Knowledge and experience in a wide range of chemical analytical methods.
- A strong work ethic and results-oriented work habits.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
To apply, please send a cover letter and current resume to Deedre Rieck (DRieck@regenesis.com) with the word resume in the subject line.