REGENESIS, a global leader in the groundwater and soil remediation industry, is currently seeking a full-time Remediation Staff Scientist located in South Bend, IN, Indianapolis, IN, and Philadelphia, PA. This person will assist in the implementation of turn‐key in situ remediation applications throughout the United States for our REGENESIS Remediation Services (RRS) Division. RRS was formed over eight years ago as the application services division in response to market demands and as a commitment to improve remediation performance on projects.
The Remediation Staff Scientist will assist in the implementation of turn‐key remedial designs utilizing our custom designed remediation injection trailers equipped with specialized tanks, pumps, hoses, flow meters, gauges and injection tooling. The health and safety of employees, their co‐workers, and the public is of the utmost importance to REGENESIS. All REGENESIS employees are to adhere to Company H&S policies and procedures and should alert the Corporate Safety Officer in the event they see room for improvement in H&S practices.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- On-site management for implementing Scope of Work (SOW)
- Review and understand specific remediation SOW
- Assist with product handling, mixing, and preparation
- Record locations of applicable points, inject volumes, and general field observations
- Monitor and evaluate injection performance to maximize quantity of product injected and obtain optimal subsurface reagent distribution
- Coordinate mobilization/delivery of equipment, materials, and subcontractors
- Generate daily reports summarizing field activities
- Identify tasks outside of the SOW and communicate to project manager
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on RRS-owned equipment
- Assist with generating project cost estimates, writing scope of work, and proposal
- Be familiar with, participate, abide by, and implement Health and Safety programs
- Learn details of bioremediation and chemical oxidation process and safe handling of these chemistries
- Work independently to complete administrative tasks and report writing
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary plus commission
- Business expense reimbursement
- Auto Reimbursement
- 401K with employer contribution
- Medical and dental benefits
The Remediation Staff Scientist must be organized and able handle the physical rigors of the activities for this job. Strong writing and communication skills are essential to work in a professional, technical, and construction environment. Candidate must be willing to travel up to 95% of the time, have a valid driver’s license with clean record, work outside in all weather conditions, and pass a pre‐placement physical exam as well as routine drug and alcohol monitoring. This position allows for working out of a home office when not traveling.
Additional qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a geology, engineering, biology, chemistry or a related science discipline
- One to two years of work experience on environmental construction sites, ideally with knowledge of groundwater and/or soil remediation of petroleum hydrocarbons and chlorinated solvents
- OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER Training
- Ability to understand and interpret construction drawings
- Mechanically inclined
- Willingness to work with and take direction from mid to senior level Project Scientists
- Demonstrate a strong desire to learn, work hard, and achieve more
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- Capable of driving a pickup trick with trailer following DOT regulations
- Ability to handle physical rigors of field work which includes lifting and moving equipment weighing up to 60 lbs.
Remediation Staff Scientist Career Development Path within RRS
The employee will be supported and trained to succeed as well as mentored to develop into a Project Supervisor role within two years, based on abilities, personal strengths, and performance. Project Supervisor’s career paths within REGENESIS can lead to Remediation Systems Design, Operations Management, Project Management, Technical Sales and other roles across the country.
REGENESIS is the global leader in the research, development and commercialization of environmental technologies. The Company specializes in scientifically proven product and services based solutions for the treatment of a wide-range of environmental challenges. Our customers are environmental consulting, engineering, and construction firms world-wide. Our manufacturer-direct remediation solutions incorporate a unique combination of innovative products and expert-based services resulting in a high-degree of certainty when it comes to meeting contaminated site remediation objectives. REGENESIS is a worldwide organization, drawing from over 25 years of environmental remediation experience on over 30,000 projects in over 26 countries. With offices throughout the United States and Europe, as well as distribution partners strategically placed throughout the globe, our solutions have been successfully used by environmental consulting, engineering and construction firms to serve a broad range of clients. These include Fortune 500 companies, private real estate owners, insurance companies, private manufacturers, municipalities, regulatory agencies, and federal, state and local governments.
Email qualified resumes to email@example.com with Staff Scientist as the subject line.