Job Description: REGENESIS, a global leader in the groundwater and soil remediation industry, is currently seeking a full-time Research Technician to work at their corporate headquarters in San Clemente, CA. As a part of the research and development team this person will be responsible for performing customer treatability tests, quality control analyses, instrument operation, and carrying out product development research.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform all in-house customer testing, including oxidant demand and product efficacy performance bench tests in environmental samples.
- Complete QA/QC analyses of existing and developing product lines.
- Operate, calibrate and perform routine maintenance on specialized equipment, primarily GC/MS.
- Coordinate with 3rd party analytical labs and analyze results.
- Coordinate and monitor field data collection of new and existing products.
- Assist customers with various shipping requests.
- Perform laboratory research for development of new chemical products.
- Create and maintain accurate and timely record of test results in notebooks and prepare reports and presentations on results as needed.
- Follow laboratory compliance and safety policies.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field.
- 2 years experience in a laboratory setting.
- Knowledge and experience in a wide range of wet chemistry laboratory practices including titrations and handling of volatile chemicals.
- Hands on experience with laboratory instrumentation including GC/MS, UV-Visible spectroscopy and HPLC.
- Excellent math skills and an attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with both colleagues and customers.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with EPA test methods.
- Exhibits individual initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
To apply, please send a cover letter and current resume to Deedre Rieck (DRieck@regenesis.com) with the word resume in the subject line.