A Technical Sales Specialist is an entry-level technical sales position. The role provides sales and technical support for our complete line of soil and groundwater remediation technologies, vapor intrusion technologies, and the remediation services division. Successful candidates will possess a solid technical background and problem–solving skills with the ability to develop innovative remedial solutions for environmental engineering firms, regulators, and end–users. This position will report to the Region manager but will work closely with assigned district managers.
- Provide technical sales support and design assistance to assigned sales territories
- Conduct technical sales presentations to prospective clients
- Review conceptual site models to develop site-specific remediation approaches
- Prospecting for new clients based on guidance from territory managers
- Evaluate the performance of product applications via data review
The position will require overnight travel that represents 30% of your time away from the office.
To be successful in this position, you must have a competitive spirit that enjoys working in a fast-paced, consultative selling environment. Intellectual curiosity with the willingness to learn is critical to success in this position. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are needed, as is a passion for public speaking.
Strong candidates will possess the following:
- Technical degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology/Hydrogeology preferred
- Experience with in–situ groundwater and soil remediation
- Consultative selling experience
- Fundamental understanding of regulations driving remediation throughout the district
- Ability to work and meet goals with limited supervision
- Public speaking experience
Definition: This role is expected to understand the specific market segments within their assigned geographic territory. Candidates will be required to prioritize sales activities to achieve goals outlined in position strategic plan.
Please send applications to email@example.com