|Download the PDF|
We celebrate Labor Day across the country to recognize the achievements of American workers and the contributions they made to the strength, prosperity and well-being of our country. You deserve a day off and should take the time to enjoy this holiday weekend – but do it with appropriate planning and awareness for safety.
This Labor Day weekend, millions of drivers will take to the highway for one final summer getaway, making it one of the busiest holiday travel weekends of the year. The National Safety Council (NSC) estimates that 368 traffic fatalities and an additional 19,900 nonfatal disabling injuries will occur during the Labor Day weekend.
Here are some safety tips to ensure a safe Labor Day weekend.
- Plan ahead
- Buckle up
- Leave early
- Have alternate routes
- Be patient (A lot of people are traveling this weekend)
- If you encounter a drunk driver, contact local law enforcement (You could save a life)
- Stay alert
While a lot of people hit the water to beat the heat at the end of the summer, it can be dangerous if the proper precautions are not taken.
- Never consume alcohol while driving a boat
- Always wear life preservers
- Never dive headfirst
- Always swim with a buddy
- Always have a first aid kit nearby
- Drink plenty of water
- Check gas grill hoses for cracks, holes and leaks
- Keep children away from grills
- Never grill in the garage or anywhere inside
- Keep your grill at least two feet ways from branches, decks, and any outdoor equipment that can easily catch fire
From all of us at REGENESIS, have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend!