REGENESIS, a global leader in the groundwater and soil remediation industry, is currently seeking a full-time Remediation Staff Scientist. This person will assist in the implementation of turn-key in situ remediation applications throughout the United States for our REGENESIS Remediation Services (RRS) division. RRS was formed over eight years ago as the application services division in response to market demands and as a commitment to improve remediation performance on projects.
The Remediation Staff Scientist will assist in the implementation of turn-key remedial designs utilizing our custom designed remediation injection trailers equipped with specialized tanks, pumps, hoses, flow meters, gauges and injection tooling.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- On-site management for implementing Scope of Work (SOW)
- assist with and track product mixing and delivery
- record locations of application points, injected volumes, and general field observations
- track progress versus project schedule
- modify injection plans as needed to maximize quantity of product injected and obtain optimal subsurface distribution
- Coordinate mobilization/delivery of equipment, materials and subcontractors
- Generate daily reports summarizing field activities
- Identify tasks outside of the SOW and communicate to project manager
- Perform maintenance on RRS owned equipment
- Assist with generating project cost estimates and writing scope of work and proposal
- Be familiar with, participate, abide by, and implement Health and Safety programs
- Learn details of bioremediation and chemical oxidation processes and safe handling of these chemistries
- Work independently from a home office to complete administrative tasks and report writing when not traveling
The Remediation Staff Scientist must be organized and able handle the physical rigors of the activities for this job. Strong writing and communication skills are essential to work in a professional, technical, and construction environment. The candidate must have a solid work ethic, be willing to travel 75-85% of the time, and have a valid driver’s license.
Additional qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a geology, engineering, biology, chemistry or a related science discipline
- One to three years of classroom or work experience with groundwater and/or soil remediation of petroleum hydrocarbons and chlorinated solvents.
- OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER Training
- Ability to understand and interpret construction drawings
- Mechanically inclined
- Willingness to work with and take direction from mid to senior level Project Scientists
- Demonstrate a strong desire to learn, work hard and achieve more
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- Capable of driving a pickup truck with trailer following DOT regulations
- Ability to handle physical rigors of field work which includes lifting and moving equipment weighing up to 60 lbs.
Remediation Staff Scientist Career Development Path within RRS
The employee will be supported and trained to succeed as well as mentored to develop into a Project Supervisor role within two years, based on abilities, personal strengths, and performance. Project Supervisor’s career paths within REGENESIS can lead to Remediation Systems Design, Operations Management, Project Management, Technical Sales and other roles across the country.
Email qualified resumes to Deedre Rieck (DRieck@regenesis.com) with the word resume in the subject line.