Additional PFAS Resources:
Interested in learning more about PlumeStop and PFAS?
- Download the PlumeStop Technical Bulletin 5.1
- Watch a video featuring REGENESIS Research and Development Director Kristen Thoreson on the remediation of PFAS
- View the webinar: In Situ Containment of PFAS with PlumeStop® Liquid Activated Carbon™
- Read the article: How Innovative Techniques Are Mitigating Toxic Threats Surrounding the Global Community, about technologies to mitigate PFAS contamination
- Download the poster presentation: Activated Carbon “Inks” for Treatment of PFOA/PFOS
Narrator: Hydrogeologist Rick McGregor, President of InSitu Remediation Services Limited, Canada’s leading in situ remediation firm, was contracted to perform an in situ remediation of groundwater contaminated with hydrocarbons and PFOS and PFAO, thought to be emanating from a firefighting training area near the industrial facility. McGregor chose to use PlumeStop liquid-activated carbon technology to treat both the hydrocarbons and the PFOS.
Rick: In the case of PlumeStop, we can actually inject the PlumeStop relatively easily. It’s one of our easiest reagents to inject physically. So, we can actually get it in to the ground and get very good distribution. We know that from doing numerous cores at sites and looking at the actual distribution of the PlumeStop within the subsurface itself. One of the big advantages of in situ is you target the actual area of contamination. So you’re being a lot more effective with your remediation reagent, as well as with how you’re putting it in the ground. I’ve been personally working with REGENESIS probably 15, 16 years now. I’ve been fortunate to be involved in a lot of the first-time applications of the products in Canada. Overall, we’ve been very happy with their products and we find they’re very great to work with.