PFAS in Class B Firefighting Systems – Prepare Now for Looming PFAS Roadmap Challenges
In this webinar we were pleased to have a special presentation from Ned Witte, Attorney at Godfrey & Kahn, S.C. His presentation discussed PFAS in Class B firefighting systems, and how to prepare for looming PFAS Roadmap challenges.
Highlights of this free webinar:
- Proactive best practices owners of Class B systems should employ now
- Regulatory developments that will have dramatic effects on owners and operators of PFAS-containing AFFF Class B firefighting systems
- Discussion of Class B systems and the relationship of National Fire Prevention insurance standards
- The propensity of PFAS releases from Class B systems
- The application of coming federal PFAS regulations
Momentum is gaining for comprehensive federal regulation of PFAS, as identified in the October 2021 U.S.EPA PFAS Strategic Roadmap, including identification of certain PFAS as CERCLA “hazardous substances” and development of enforceable maximum contaminant levels, or MCLs, for PFAS. While these regulatory developments will impact all businesses and properties that PFAS has touched, the federal rules – and existing and developing state laws – will have dramatic effects on owners and operators of PFAS-containing AFFF Class B Firefighting Systems.