Pelletised Advanced Oxygen Release Compound: Dust Minimising, Controlled-Release Oxygen for Enhanced Aerobic Biodegradation in Excavations
- Accelerates natural biodegradation of petroleum hydrocarbons
- Optimised for in situ treatment of excavations, tank pits and trenches
- Pellet size (3-10 mm) minimises fugitive dust during handling and application
- Dry application form eliminates need for water and mixing equipment used in slurry-type applications
- Long term, controlled-release oxygen for periods of up to 12 months from a single application
- Contains the micro-nutrients nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium (N,P,K) which may benefit aerobic microorganisms
Designed Specifically for Excavations, Tank Pits, Trenches and Backfill
ORC Advanced® Pellets are a dust-minimising, dry application pelletised form of our widely used ORC Advanced product. ORC Advanced Pellets are designed specifically for the treatment of dissolved-phase petroleum hydrocarbons through direct application into excavations, petroleum storage tank pits, trenches and mixing into backfill material. ORC Advanced Pellets significantly minimise the airborne dust associated with the handling and application of dry powders while eliminating the need for mixing equipment and spray-water required for liquid slurry-type applications.
How it Works
After application into an excavation and upon contact with groundwater, calcium oxyhydroxide based ORC Advanced Pellets produce a controlled-release of molecular oxygen (up to 15% by weight) for a period up to 12 months from a single application. This dissolved oxygen is used by microorganisms to transform organic contaminants into carbon dioxide, water and microbial cell mass. ORC Advanced Pellets create and maintain ideal conditions for aerobic biodegradation, resulting in enhanced attenuation rates up to 100 times faster than under naturally occurring conditions. ORC Advanced Pellets provide remediation practitioners with a safe and highly effective means of treating petroleum contaminated areas accessible through excavations, petroleum storage tank pits and trenches.
Contains Beneficial Micro-Nutrients
In addition to oxygen, ORC Advanced Pellets contain the micro-nutrients: nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium (N,P,K) which may be beneficial to aerobic biodegradation processes.
- Benzene, Toluene, Ethylbenzene and Xylene (BTEX)
- Gasoline Range Organics (GRO) (C6-C10-12)
- Diesel Range Organics (DRO) (C8-12-C24-26)
- Oil Range Organics (ORO) (C22-32)
- Creosote (coal tar)
- Methyl-Tertiary Butyl Ether (MTBE)
- Tert-Butyl Alcohol (TBA)
- cis-1,2 Dichloroethene (DCE)
- Vinyl chloride (VC)
Typical Soil and Groundwater Remediation Application Methods
- In Situ or ex situ out of the bag, direct application into open excavations, petroleum storage tank pits and trenches
- Direct application to contaminated backfill or contaminated soils
If you currently have a project and need a remediation solution now, visit our Request a design page.
Have questions or want to explore some ideas? Contact Us to get in touch with a local representative.