Enhance Physical Recovery through Temporary Desorption of Adsorbed Contaminants
- Designed for use in conjunction with existing or proposed physical recovery systems
- Temporarily desorbed soil-bound contamination to significantly increase mass removal via the recovery system
- Reduces the contaminant mass adsorbed to the soils, which would otherwise provide an ongoing secondary source
- Avoids groundwater concentration rebound on switch-off of abstraction system
- Reduces period of recovery system operation through improved efficiency
- Rapid action that works within days of application
- Inorganic composition avoids the problematic residual carbon-loading associated with surfactant flushing
- Unique product chemistry that is proven and highly effective on petroleum hydrocarbon contamination and other organic contaminants
How it Works
PetroCleanze™ is a two-part reagent consisting of purposefully enhanced, detergent-like properties which significantly increase the desorption rates of hydrocarbons bound in saturated soils. Once the hydrocarbons are liberated into the dissolved-phase, they are more readily available for removal using a range of enhanced recovery techniques. PetroCleanze is designed to increase the viability and efficiency of enhanced recovery techniques, such as dual-phase extraction, vacuum enhanced extraction and pump and treat systems.
Achieve Significant Mass Removal
By using PetroCleanze to remove soil-bound contaminant mass, ongoing desorption is significantly reduced, making it possible to clean up heavily impacted sites much faster and more cost-effectively, avoid rebounding concentrations after switch off and making follow-on (enhanced) attenuation more efficient.
In cases where significant contaminant mass removal is required, multiple injections of PetroCleanze followed by multiple contaminant extraction events can be completed.
- Benzene, Toluene, Ethylbenzene and Zylene (BTEX)
- Gasoline Range Organics (GRO) (C6-C10-12)
- Diesel Range Organics (DRO) (C8-12-C24-26)
- Oil Range Organics (ORO) (C22-32)
- Creosote (coal tar)
- Methyl-Tertiary Butyl Ether (MTBE)
- Tert-Butyl Alcohol (TBA)
- cis-1,2 Dichloroethene (DCE)
- Vinyl chloride (VC)
For a complete listing of treatable contaminants please visit our Range of Treatable Contaminants Page.
Typical Soil and Groundwater Remediation Application Methods:
- Permanent injection/extraction wells
- Direct-push injection points
Enhanced recovery techniques:
- Multi-phase extraction
- Vacuum enhanced extraction
- Pump and treat systems
- If you currently have a project and need a remediation solution now, visit our Request a design page.
- Have questions or want to explore some ideas? Contact Us to get in touch with a local representative.
- Did you know? PetroCleanze™ is an evolution of our widely used RegenOx® in situ chemical oxidation (ISCO) technology.