Job Title: Research Associate
Job Description: As a part of the research and development team, the Research Associate will be responsible for performing specialized laboratory experiments within well-defined guidelines in support of product development research. Working within the R&D lab, they will also be required to keep a safe and clean working environment. This position is located in San Clemente, CA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Organize and execute prescribed laboratory experiments in support of current and developing product lines and technologies. This includes batch and soil column studies.
- Document all procedures, data, and results in notebooks
- Analyze results and summarize experimental data in graphs or reports
- Present experimental procedures and data in presentations as needed
- Coordinate with 3rd party analytical labs and analyze data
- Follow laboratory compliance and safety policies
- Assist with the disposal of hazardous materials and keep records of the disposal
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field, preferably with an environmental emphasis, or
- B.S. or M.S. in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering with a strong background in chemistry and/or microbiology
- 0-3 years experience in environmental industry or chemical research
- Experience with a wide range of wet chemistry laboratory practices including making solutions, titrations, and handling of volatile chemicals
- Ability to perform calculations, use syringes, and weigh materials to prepare solutions.
- Hands on experience with laboratory instrumentation including GC/MS and UV-Visible spectrometer
- Excellent math skills and an attention to detail
- Ability to stand and work within a laboratory environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exhibits individual initiative and the ability to work independently
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
If interested, please send your resume to Kristen Thoreson, VP of Research & Development: