REGENESIS regularly takes part in technical remediation conferences across Europe, collaborating, connecting and sharing knowledge with industry colleagues, peers and clients.
Remediation Conference Participation
REGENESIS actively participate in key global industry events such as Battelle in the US and European remediation conferences and membership groups such as: AquaConSoil, CL:AIRE, Remtech, NICOLE and Nordrocs. The same applies to national conferences, examples here include: ENSOR, Intersol, Forum Sols, Renare Mark, REMEDy, ITVA Altlasten Symposium etc.
Our involvement varies from giving platform presentations, membership and exhibiting, to providing session chairs, training sessions, live demonstrations, poster sessions and sponsorship. If you’re attending an upcoming remediation conference, whether it is live or online, and would like to know if any of our team are taking part, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Associations and Forums
From networks such as SuRF, Royal Geological Society’s Contaminated Land Forum, Miljøringen, SiCon and CIWEM, to local fora such as SCLF, MUKTU, YCLF and ELQF, we find that regularly connecting with these national and local groups is just as important for professional exchange and continued learning as larger conferences.
If you are part of an organising committee for an event or article and are looking for speakers or contributors, please get in touch as we are always open to new events and collaborations.
Scientific article contributions and publications
From break-throughs in Research and Development, to best practice knowledge sharing via conference proceedings, REGENESIS staff have published and made many contributions to scientific magazines and peer-reviewed academic publications over the years, for example:
- Environmental Science & Engineering Magazine – Micron-Scale Colloidal Remedial Fluid Effectively Reduces Contaminant Levels Author: Todd Herrington (REGENESIS)
- Remediation Journal – Six Pilot-Scale Studies Evaluating the In Situ Treatment of PFAS Author: Rick McGregor (In Situ Remediation Services Ltd.)
- Remediation Journal – Evaluating the Longevity of a PFAS In Situ Colloidal Activated Carbon Remedy Authors: Grant R. Carey (Porewater Solutions), Rick McGregor (In Situ Remediation Services Ltd.), Anh Le-Tuan Pham (University of Waterloo), Brent Sleep (University of Toronto)
- Remediation Journal – Addition of Divalent Iron To Electron Donor Mixtures For Remediation Of Chlorinated Ethenes: A Study Of 100 Wells Authors: Doug Davis, Owen Miller (REGENESIS)
- Pollution Engineering – Catalyzed Persulfate for Groundwater and Soil Remediation Authors: Scott Wilson et al. (REGENESIS) and William Farone (Applied Power Concepts)
Several remediation projects using our technologies have won awards over the years. Of course, teamwork is a key factor in remediation success and we therefore enjoy sharing in these successes with our project partners, colleagues and clients! Examples include:
- Secretary of Defense Environmental Awards 2023 – ‘Environmental Restoration and Installation’ award for the project Naval Base Point Loma (PetroFix injected permeable reactive barrier installation), Client: Cape Environmental Management Inc
- Environmental Business Journal Awards 2020 – Technology Merit Award for PFAS Remediation
- Brownfield Awards 2020 – ‘Highly Commended’ – with Ramboll & Soilfix
- Ground Engineering Awards 2020 – ‘Brownfield Redevelopment Project of the Year’ – Client: Cundall
- Brownfield Briefing Awards 2018 – ‘Best Conceptual Design’ – with WDE & GEA
- BB Awards 2013 – ‘Best In Situ Treatment’ – Client: Johnson’s Appareil Master
- BB Awards 2013 – ‘Best Project Closure/Verification Process’ – with Hyder & Johnson’s Appareil Master
- BAE Chairman’s Award 2011 – ‘Chairman’s Bronze Award for Innovation’
Remediation Webinars and Training Portal
At REGENESIS we also organise our own events and training sessions: from webinars with guest speakers to in-house/virtual office presentations, we try to provide content and present in the local language where possible and on topics to suit different client needs. Explore our webinar content to find out more.
Our training portal is another way to explore content and learn at your own pace. Here you will find selected presentations, webinars, animations and short videos, organised by contaminant group, so it is easy to find out more about specific in situ remediation solutions and combined approaches for soil and groundwater.