Engineered to provide immediate and long-lasting results for fuel depots, industrial tank farms, petroleum retail stations as well as rail, road and domestic oil spills, PetroFix® is a cost-effective, in situ treatment for petroleum hydrocarbon contamination.
How PetroFix works:
What is PetroFix?
PetroFix is a water-based suspension of micron-scale (1-2μm) activated carbon and biostimulating electron acceptors (slow and quick-release nutrients).
How does it work?
1) PetroFix distributes in the subsurface and coats the soils with micron-scale activated carbon.
2) Petroleum hydrocarbons rapidly sorb to the activated carbon, removing them from the groundwater.
3) Electron acceptors in the PetroFix kick-start natural biological degradation of the contamination sorbed.
4) Biological degradation rejuvenates sorption sites to allow further influx sorption, providing a long-term treatment.
Simple to Use:
- Petroleum Hydrocarbons
– Gasoline Range
– Diesel Range
- Guide of treatable contaminants