Engineered to provide immediate and long-lasting results for petroleum retail stations, domestic oil spills and industrial sites, PetroFix™ is a cost-effective, in situ treatment for petroleum hydrocarbon contamination.
How PetroFix works:
What is PetroFix?
PetroFix is a water-based suspension of micron-scale (1-2μm) activated carbon and biostimulating electron acceptors (slow and quick-release nutrients).
How does it work?
1) PetroFix distributes in the subsurface and coats the soils with micron-scale activated carbon.
2) Petroleum hydrocarbons rapidly sorb to the activated carbon, removing them from the groundwater.
3) Electron acceptors in the PetroFix kick-start natural biological degradation of the contamination sorbed.
4) Biological degradation rejuvenates sorption sites to allow further influx sorption, providing a long-term treatment.
Simple to Use:
- Can be applied immediately after LNAPL skimming
- Inject under low pressure
- Pour into open excavations
- Add to UST or pipework bedding
- Petroleum fuel spills
- Domestic oil spills/leaks
- Petrol stations
- Fuel distribution and storage facilities
- Industrial sites
- Underground Storage Tanks
- UST sites
- Liquid-based direct-push injection through hollow holes
- Liquid-based direct-placement into boreholes
- Liquid-based injections in conjunction with ORC Advanced (ORC-A) to support enhanced aerobic biodegradation
- Petroleum Hydrocarbons
– Gasoline Range
– Diesel Range
- Guide of treatable contaminants